One small White Sage Bundle
These small bundles of white sage are used to cleanse a space and/or the clearing of negative energies. This is an ancient Shamanic ritual that has become a popular method for cleansing all over the world.
How to Perform a Sage Cleansing
1. Buy a sage smudge stick and find a bowl to hold it over (traditionally, abalone shell is used). Also set up a cup of water to extinguish it after you have finished as you usually get multiple cleanses out of a bundle.
2. Open every door and window in your house.
3. Light the stick, and when it catches fire, blow it out and allow the embers to start to smoke (like you would light incense).
4. Set your intention for each room. Say a prayer of cleansing. Something like: “I cleanse this room of any impurities, negativity, or anything that does not suit or support the people that live here.”
5. Walk around the room, waving the sage stick so its smoke drifts into corners, along walls, around windows, and along ceiling lines. As you do, imagine the smoke absorbing negativity, problems from those who were in the space before you, toxicity, and anything else you want to go away. See the smoke dissipating and floating out the windows, and imagine that bad energy flowing out of your space, making room for positive, fresh energy.
6. After you’ve blessed every room, give yourself a sage shower. Cup your hands over the smoke and “wash” your face with it, then wave it all over your body as you would in a water shower. Visualize any residual negativity sailing out of your body, out of your home, and into oblivion.
7. Extinguish the stick in the cup of water or – if the smudge is finished, you can bury it in your back yard (if you are very sure that it is extinguished).
This should clear away all of the anxiety and stress of the past, and leave you with the opportunity to say, cleanly, we are grateful for this place. Our place. Our home.